Rules for Club competitions
Rules for participation in championship events and club competitions. The club competitions include the Wednesday meat competition, all official weekend and public holiday competitions and the Knockout competitions.
- Men play from the tees on which their current handicaps are based.
- With the exception of members 65 and over who have official approval from the committee to play off the blue forward tees, all men play off the white club tees (S/R 71) in competitions.
- Men authorised to play off the forward blue tees (S/R 68) must deduct 3 strokes from their current handicaps for competitions and indicate this on their score cards eg 18/15 with 15 being the adjusted handicap. This is in accordance with SAGA rules.
- Ladies play off their current handicaps from the red tees in all events (including championships) .
- A Division (0-9 handicaps) medal format off the yellow championship tees. The winner is the Mens Club Champion.
- B division (10-18 handicaps) medal format off the yellow championship tees.
- C Division (19 -36 handicaps) individual stableford points format off the white club tees.
- Gold Division handicaps 0 -19 medal format. The winner is the Ladies Club Champion
- Silver Division handicaps 20 – 27 medal format
- Bronze Division handicaps 28-36 IPS format
- Age qualification 60 plus.
- The A division is played in medal format off the white club tees. The winner is the Senior Club Champion.
- The B division is for players over the age of 65 including those authorised to play off the blue forward tees and thereby handicapped. Players play off their current handicaps on a medal format.
- Super Senior division is for players over 70. IPS format off the blue forward tees.
- Age 60-64 IPS format
- Age 65-69 IPs format
- Age 70 plus IPS format
- Ladies Senior Champion is the player with the best IPS score overall from the 3 age groupings
Players handicapped off the forward tees have a 3 shot higher factor in their handicaps because of the 68 SR and shorter course. This means they deduct 3 strokes if playing in competitions. If they chose to play in the club championships C Division which is off the white club tees they must play off their current handicaps. The built in 3 shot higher factor, because their handicaps are determined off a shorter 68 SR courses, compensates automatically for the longer distance they then play off the white club tees.